Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Faces and a Wild Walk

Here are 4 people who participated in Face to Face: Drawn to Saranac Lake. Do you know who they are? Three I never met before they came to sit for me. I will post more later this week. You will receive one of my art cards if you get it right.

Meantime: Here is a mini  – the first little painting made on the Wild Walk during members week last Thursday before it rained - yet again.

 Birds' Eye View from the Wild Walk - Mini plein air pastel 4x8
I also just finished the large painting I started there. It will be posted in my Thumbprints Newsletter. Sign up for the newsletter on my website, www.dianeleifheit.com

The large piece looks different from the mini. But they both are about what till now was only the birds point of view.

It was interesting listening to visitors commenting on the view there, "O there's Whiteface!" and "There is Mt. Morris." It made me realize if one lives in town, any town, it takes an effort to get out and see that one lives in the mountains. I get to see the ranges all the time. From where I live the ride to town and back is the best in the Adirondacks.

The view was to the East here. The clouds ploughed in from the west, devouring the broken promise of blue skies. Had to wrap everything up quick. No cover on the Wild Walk.

The Wild Walk is an amazing structure – all handicap accessible. Go check it it out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment